Our philosophy is to employ people with the right skills and attitude to help our clients – giving them the support they need to develop, and enabling them to find opportunities that play to their strengths.
As you build a successful career with us, you’ll be moulded for a client-facing role, become a technical specialist in your individual area and advise our clients on our market-leading products.
Our Core Development Programme supports your role and the objectives of the Stream you join. It will give you fantastic opportunities to grow your business knowledge, professional skills and relationships, enabling you to advance your development.
In order to distinguish ourselves from the market, our consultants need to be at the top of their game; clients rely on our expertise. The Graduate Programme will give you broad-based business acumen, as well as comprehensive knowledge of all our business solutions including:
- Industry qualifications - to help you develop technical expertise and add real value to our clients.
- Knowledge sessions - we have a wealth of experienced individuals who will spend time with you explaining the make-up and technical capabilities of our business.
- Hands-on learning - we will equip you with the fundamental compliance and regulatory knowledge to ensure our clients receive exemplary advice and service.
Putting the knowledge you gain into practice will require skill. The professional skills development we provide is focused, commercial and experiential. It will include:
- The skills to present effectively, engagingly and professionally to internal and external audiences.
- The development of advanced communication skills, which lie at the heart of everything we do.
- The development of project management skills – you will be involved in running and managing projects that will actively add value to Aon.
- The building of effective team-working skills through practical development and real-life experiences.
- Client management development, which will require you to bring together many other skills such as communication, time management and project management.
We help you to build relationships with people who have the experience, knowledge and skills that you will look to develop over time. Our business leaders are committed to your future and we encourage you to make the most of their time.
Some specific relationships we will help you develop are:
- Your graduate network - you will be introduced to graduates from all areas of the business, which will help you to build your support network from day one and navigate your way in our organisation.
- A mentor - an experienced individual who can give you guidance on your career, on specific issues, or simply act as a sounding board for your thoughts.
- Business seniors - there are many senior and experienced people within Aon who will take an active interest in your development.
- HR, Learning and Development and the Graduate Programme Management - they are all here to help smooth the way, open doors and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and career.
To explore the technical Streams which partner the Core Programme please use the links on the right of this page.